Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Romo Lampkin By Any Other Name Is Just As Awesome!!

Mark A. Sheppard is my hero.  When I first noticed him, as Romo Lampkin on Battlestar Galactica, I recognized his awesomeness.  Since BSG, he's been on almost scifi/fantasy show out there and, in fact, almost every television show that I watch - Burn Notice, The Middleman, Dollhouse, Leverage, Chuck, Warehouse 13, and Supernatural (starring The Prettiest Man on Television) to name a few.  This past weekend, Mr. Sheppard made his first appearance on Doctor Who. AND...HE...WAS...AWESOME!!!  I was relatively unspoiled going into the episode, and had no idea that he was going to be in it.  His first screen moment in anything always warrants a cry of, "Romo Lampkin!!"  However, his appearance on a show that has long been a pillar of the scifi genre further warranted an excited full-body-flail-of-happiness.  (Which was followed by intent focus on every remaining moment of the episode, waiting for his character to be killed off.)  As of the cliffhanger conclusion of the episode, he has not yet died.  I'm sure that this week's installment will require the same rapt attention, as if the focused powers of my mind could keep a fictional television character alive.  Actually...hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment