Monday, April 18, 2011

House

So I watched this weeks episode of House, with you, and I had a few thoughts about it which I will now share with you and the Internet. I have this horrible feeling now that Masters is gone the show might fall once again into a dry rut of a routine. Although there are some story lines with 13 in them that I enjoy I feel like there isn't much more to do with the existing character dynamic. I miss the days of House being this character that regardless of all of his flaws we still felt sorry for him, and I feel like that aspect of the show is missing in this season. I felt that the Cutty breakup was abrupt and slightly unjustified. I also and confused at why they still have not completely gone into when and why he started using drugs again. The development of the House character seems to have come to a grinding halt. In my mind this ended after the first episode of season 6, or "House The Movie" as I usually call it.
My favorite season to date is season 4. In this season they reinvented the cast, reinvented the dynamic of the character interactions and once again reminded us that although House is brilliant, he also alienates everybody he cares about and is terribly damaged. They also displayed exactly how much House loves Wilson and to what lengths he was willing to go through for his friend.
~ Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment